Thursday, July 12, 2012

Personal and Miniature Update

Sometimes real life just can't stop hitting you in the face with lead buckets filled with bricks. After a rather turbulent year during which I occasionally spent a few hours on hobby-related activities I've thrown myself back into this pastime with confidence. 6th edition has given a lot of my miniatures a new lease of life. More on that in a later post. First, I'll show off what I've managed to paint in the last 18 months.




First off, a Predator tank:

 This guy has done pretty well in my last games of 5th edition as well as its 6th edition baptism. It has the hunterkiller upgrade to give it some extra punch against tanks in the first turn after which it usually rediverts its firepower to enemy infantry. Tactically, it fulfills a clean-up capacity, as my army lacked ranged firepower that can reliably remove depleted infantry units from the board. Also, it looks pretty badass.

Secondly, some Sniper Scouts. By now I've also finished the Missile Launcher and a kit-bashed Telion, I'll put them up in a future post:


Finally, the Scout Biker squad was finished:


These guys have not been too impressive on the tabletop but they're too cool not to field. I'll continue using them in 6th and try and develop some good tactics for them.

For the next post, I'll share some of my thoughts on 6th edition and why I'm so excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment